All that remains: discarded ticket stubs; notes and new books to be digested over a cuppa.
I’ve put down some notes about the sessions I attended here.
For a wee potted summary – re-occurring themes across events:
- Creating from the unconscious, on the edge of sense and non-sense, intuitive but crafted.
- Creating as a conversation with your peers and literary / art history.
- Art being evidence, verification of things you witness but going beyond that to a point where another truth is possible.
- The evils of war and writing as a vehicle of protest.
- The role of the writer to question, observe and trust the reader.
Highlights for me: George Monbiot, Costs of the Iraq, Paul Muldoon.
New discoveries: Uwe Timms and Mayra Montero
Pleasant suprises: CK Stead and Christian Bök
Now please excuse me while my brain explodes…