I’ve bin tagged by a couple of new buddies, isn’t the internet great for meeting new friends?
1. Write your own six-word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog (and include a visual illustration if you’d like).
3. Link to the person who tagged you in your post.
4. Tag 5 more blogs with links.
So here I go! My six word memoir:
“Keep going no matter what happens”
I guess this sums up most of my teens and twenties. My mother died when I was 20 after being sick for several years and I had a series of bad relationships around the same time. I’ve suffered from depression but I’m pretty stuborn I guess and I just put my head down and bulldoze on. The phrase also applies to my writing, most writers are compelled to keep writing despite rejection slips to get through to the acceptance slips. Lucky for me life is pretty sweet right now.
My 6 oddities:
1. I whistle crooked, no matter how hard I try I can only whistle out the side of my mouth.
2. The number 6 is one of my favourite numbers ( also 2 and 12) and I’m slightly obessive about it.
3. I had to go cold turkey to quit eating so much sugar ( I can eat a whole tub of ice cream or a box chocs or packet of biscuits in one sitting).
4. I used to run cross country and track but I damaged my knee (I also used to throw discus).
5. I used to play the trumpet but quit in my teens when it wasn’t cool, which I regret now.
6. I get obsessed by new projects so they take over my life until I master/mistress them and then I’m on to the next thing (fickle aye?)
Thanks to Jek for the pic!